- Status of the search for a validation platform for RC-0
- Pod18 status: DevStack installed, but new configs needed for external networking between workload nodes
- vsperf is making progress on this, learnings to be used by sampleVNF and rapid projects
- handling of floating IP is being adapted in Functest scenarios to test Airship DPDK deployments
- bypassing floating IP and use provider network connectivity from test machine to VM
- Gating of release artifacts
- Do we need an integration platform for combining the artifacts of participating projects?
- all participating projects are allowed to integrate and validate their functionality in individual platforms
- What is the integration platform for projects participating in the release?
- individual solutions are fine, e.g., devstack, mikrostack, Airship, Kuberef
- How do RI-1/2 relate to integration platforms?
- The RI are used for validating VNFs and CNFs, they are not intended as generalized integration platform for projects
Need (CNTT) to add new test cases into RC-1 doc, from the Requirements working group interactions.
Devstack on Pod 18 is OS Train right now. Train matches CNTT Baraque and the next CNTT release. A stretch goal is to install Devstack Stein for verification with OPNFV- JERMA target. There should not be a big impact on the test tools between Stein and Train. (Baldy was Pike?) Best -possible AIRSHIP compatibility is Stein for this release.
Note that OS Stein is the minimum for OPNFV-JERMA, so compliance with later releases is allowed of course.