The OPNFV testing project (dovetail) intends to define and provide a set of OPNFV related validation criteria that will provide input for the evaluation of the use of OPNFV trademarks. The dovetail project will be executed with the guidance and oversight of the Compliance and Certification committee and work to secure the goals of the C&C committee for each release.
The project intends to incrementally define qualification criteria that establish the foundations of how we are able to measure the ability to utilize the OPNFV platform, how the platform itself should behave, and how applications may be deployed on the platform.
The project intends to define and implement as necessary qualifications that provide a measure of alignment with the overall OPNFV project for hardware, NFV platform, and NFV applications. The qualifications are not intended to be exclusive in nature, but are intended to provide a measure for the community on the maturity and capability of the OPNFV project and related offerings.
The established processes and tools should be derived from available open source components and test cases. Testing should be able to be executed in an automated on-premise process by entities wishing to evaluate their products or services. This may follow a process similar to the global certification forum (GCF) self certification procedures.
The inital scope of the dovetail project for OPNFV is intended to be a set of evaluations that should provide a set of non-exclusive test cases providing a method of identifying the adherence of NFV solutions to the OPNFV projects activities and goals. This should include qualification by execution of a basic set of mandatory test cases focused on proving:
- "Lab ready" qualification test suites
- OPNFV feature and interface level testing suitable for Plug-Fest activities.
Additionally the project will define a set of pre-requisites, an execution process and reporting guidelines for running the associated test cases.
1) specify abstract architecture
An abstract testing architecture provides a general framework within which specific test arrangements should fit in order to perform the specified suite of tests.
2) specify Test Suite Structure
3) test/use cases plan
- identification of which test cases are to be included;
- identification of which (optional) test cases are not to be included;
- indication of the order in which the tests are to be performed and the relationships between tests
4) validate test cases
Test cases from upstream projects will be validated and work in conjunction with each other as an organic whole. To achieve this goal, we need bunch of scripts to communicate with these test cases. The scripts can execute the test cases under certain circumstances, and then analysis variety results to make a human-friendly report .
- Gerrit Open Patches: https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/q/status:open+project:dovetail
- Git: https://git.opnfv.org/cgit/dovetail/
- Jira Open issues: https://jira.opnfv.org/projects/DOVETAIL/issues/?filter=allopenissues
- CI Jobs: https://build.opnfv.org/ci/view/dovetail/
- Time: Friday US Pacific time 6:00 AM-7:30 AM
- new gotomeeting:https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/819733085
- IRC: #opnfv-meeting
- MeetingLogs: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/ please search the Friday ones)
Meeting Agenda & Past Minutes:
Link here: Dovetail (for more details, search in tech-discuss mailing list)
|Dovetail Overview||dovetail overview.pptx|
|Dovetail Tool Userguide||dovetail tool userguide|
|Infra Requirements||dovetail requirements from infra|
- No labels